Indian Mound Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes from November 19, 2018.
Next Meeting: Monday, January 21, 6:30pm at the Holy Cross Gymnasium (5106 St John Ave, KCMO 64123)
Treasurer’s Report, Donna Miller-Brown
- Beginning Balance (Oct 1) – $3,547.86
- Deposits (dues) – $320
- Expenses – $80 (NE News), $199.69 (yard signs), $235 (pumpkins)
- Ending Balance (Oct. 31) – $3,263.17
Patrick Byrd, KCPD
- Traffic control efforts – 167 vehicles tagged; 66 ended up being towed.
- Wanted to target blight
- Vehicles are supposed to be moved every 48 hours
- Nov 3 – Prostitution sting on Independence Ave
- 17 John arrest; 13 women – misdemeanor charges
- Captured two robbery suspects; two handguns; misc. drug charges
- There will be another sting in December, which will be third of the year
- Capt. Cody is new captain
- December Christmas Ham Give-away
- Date TBD – either Dec. 18 or 19
- Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problems
- Resident reports stolen package
- KCPD recommends cameras/Ring doorbells
- Have neighbor/relative there when it will be delivered
- Give delivery driver instructions of where to leave it (around back, in this receptacle, etc.)
- UPS/FedEx will hold packages for pick-up
- Amazon has locker service
Eric Bunch, BikeWalkKC, Fourth District City Council Candidate
- Works as policy director at BikeWalkKC
- Big win was getting sidewalks added to the GO Bond
- Running because seeing a lot of change, and wants people who feel left-behind to feel included.
- Primary is April 2; general election in June
Tiffany Moore, BikeWalkKC
- Two pop-up installations – St. John & Van Brunt, then 10th & Benton
- Purpose was to get funding from PIAC, so have data
- Online surveys to share feedback
- New crosswalks were added to both intersections, courtesy of Public Works
- Crosswalk Restoration Program
Sarah Sommerkamp, Community Garden manager of JVS Global Gardens
- Currently have 3 community gardens in Lykins
- Turning lots into refugee-run gardens
- Grounds maintenance and orchard maintenance.
- Would be open to a nominal fee for each bed.
- Indian Mound will put the future of the community garden to a general vote at our January 2019 meeting
Ana De Jesus, Legal Aid of Western of Missouri
- Will be working with Brandon on housing, but also willing to help with anything she can
- Moved here from Puerto Rico
Bryan Stalder, President
- Holiday Lights contest starts now. Email email@example.com or share on our Facebook.
- Mon., Dec. 17, 6:30 – IMNA Potluck at Covenant Memorial Baptist Church, 301 Van Brunt
- Chili, so bring complementary foods!
- January meeting will be at Holy Cross Catholic Church, Jan. 21 at 6:30 pm
- Like to look at accomplishments from previous year and goals for the coming year
- February will be Saturday, Feb. 16 at Healing House (TBD which part of Healing House)
- Northeast Library has part-time opening for empathy-driven customer service person. Parents as Teachers has started meeting here – both English and Spanish story time