Help with Codes Violations

Help with Codes Violations

The following is a list of resources available if you or your neighbors need assistance with your home.

  • If you need a wheel chair ramp, you can contact Hope Builders. To qualify, you must:
    • Own and live in your home
    • Be over 60 or have a physically disabled family member
    • Have limited financial resources
    • Visit their website at
  • If you need help with home repairs you can contact Christmas in October. To qualify you must:
    • Own only one residence, which they currently live
    • Lack the financial resources to have the repairs completed
    • Be over 62 years of age, be a veteran, or be physically disabled.
    • You may not participate if you have received assistance for CIO the previous year
    • You can find the application and more details at
  • If you need help with home repairs you can contact Jerusalem Farm. To qualify you must:
    • Own your home
    • Have limited financial resources
    • Have an issue that IS NOT plumbing, foundation, or electrical
    • Be able to pay for the cost of materials
    • Call them at (816) 421-1855
  • Metro Lutheran Ministry
      • Minor homer repairs for owner occupants who are elderly and/or disabled
      • Have a household income of 150% of the Federal Poverty Line or below,
      • Help includes: wheelchair ramps, weatherization, smoke detectors, devices to prevent falls
  • If you need exterior paint for your house, the KC Paint Program can provide you with free paint and supplies. To qualify you must:
    • Own and live in your home. Provide proof.
    • Not own any other property
    • This program provides a voucher for up to $500 that can be redeemed for standard, in-store paint colors. Remember, you are responsible for the labor to actually paint the house. After you submit your completed application, a City staff person will come to inspect your house to make sure that the surfaces have been prepared to paint. And when they are sure you are ready to paint, they will issue you the voucher.
  • If you need a lead paint inspection from the KCMO Health Dept. To qualify you must:


Additional Resources:

Bishop Sullivan

  • Assistance regarding rent, utilities, and more.
  • (816) 231-0984 – 6435 Truman Rd. OR (816) 561-8515 – 3936 Troost Ave.

Legal Aid of Western Missouri – (816) 474-9868 or (816) 474-7575

  • Provides a variety of legal services to low income individuals

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Programs

Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City – (816) 358-6868

  • Weatherization and utility assistance
  • Kansas City locations: 6025 Prospect Avenue & 6323 Manchester Avenue